Monday, October 25, 2010

Bicentennial Plaza

Location:
The Bicentennial Plaza is located just east of Millennium Park. The easiest way to visit the luxurious area is to take the BP Bridge which connects Millennium Park to The Bicentennial Plaza. The address is 337 E Randolph Dr Chicago, IL 60601


Whats There?
Well...theres a lot to see actually, this park takes up quite a bit of land providing wonderful views of the city skyline, the lake, and Millennium Park. Once you walk through the park you will find lots of seating, a skate rink/skateboarding areas, good quiet environments, and tennis courts. Throughout the year the park is used for programs including; yoga, fitness, aerobics, and preschool classes. In the winter there is a great ice rink which is sometimes better than the packed Millennium Park one. 


Why You Should Visit...
While I was out and about discovering new parks and getaways I found this place tucked away. I had walked across the BP Bridge because I thought it looked really cool...not knowing what was on the other side. Once i go to the park itself the first thing I noticed was all the grass! It had way more than any other place I had visited thus far and was a nice change from the pavement and rocks. Like the other two it was very quiet and peaceful, but what I really liked was the view of Lake Michigan. Granted the park does sit right next to a very busy interstate, it is still pretty quiet. There are also walking paths that take you as far as navy pier and the shedd. Its a nice lake front area to go relax in! 




check out the video below for more pictures. :) 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your background, works nicely with the theme of this blog. Template looks great, It's easy to follow from one thought to the next. I would emphasize more thought with design and text to what each spot has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learned lots. Great. You missed some obvious links. Park schedule? Vendors around the park? Etc. Also, I'm not sure "Why you should visit" should be hidden at the bottom. I understand why you arranged the post this way, but it hides/minimizes the purpose of your post more than a bit.

    Finally: really want to be known as the lower case "i" author? That implies a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this post a lot, never really noticed how much that park had to offer. One of my concerns is the typography and color of your posts, primarily the headers of each section. You have dark greens mixed with a bright primary red, on top of white. The headers are also underlined and the same sized font as the text. I would look at this and maybe aim for the natural, secluded feel we get from your main layout.

    Lastly I would say in the added content that Ryan recommended, try to evoke some emotion to your readers, tell us how it felt to be in that environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I like the way this blog looks, it's as peaceful as the content :) I think the opaque thing that overlays the background is a good choice, but the red underlined headings kind of remind me of doing poorly on a paper, or one of those websites that make you "fill out surveys" to watch the new episode of {insert popular tv show here}.

    That being said, this post totally made me want to visit this park-I remember seeing it from my friend's balcony once and saying "hey! look at that! I never noticed it before...I bet that'd be a great place for a clever guy to take a girl on a date."

    ReplyDelete